Estrelacoop, Cooperativa dos Produtores de Queijo Serra da Estrela, CRL with headquarters at Rua Quinta dos Cedros, Apartado 21, 6360-220 Celorico da Beira, Portugal, with the nº of identification of Collective Person 502 558 245.
This website is subject to Portuguese law. The content provided is for information purposes only and may contain typographical errors or omissions. This content may be altered or updated at any time and without prior notice.
No responsibility is accepted about the use that may be made of the information disclosed on the website.
The existence of a hyperlink from the website to another website does not constitute validation of that website or its content. It is up to the Internet user to use this information with discernment and critical thinking.
The nominative information communicated by internauts on the website through any forms or questionnaires placed online and filled in by them are compulsory for processing. They are intended for the website publisher or its subcontractors and/or partners for management and/or promotional purposes. By providing their e-mail address, the internauts accept that the editor will send them information by e-mail.
The data subject is guaranteed the right to access and rectify his or her personal data, by written communication to the editor, at the address
Rua Quinta dos Cedros, Apartado 21, 6320-220 Celorico da Beira
The website must be considered as an indivisible whole. The information contained therein is intended exclusively for personal use and may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, or communicated. All data (text, sounds or images) appearing on the pages of the website are the exclusive property of the publisher.
Cookies, connection logs
Internet users are informed that during their visit to this site, information may be temporarily stored in the memory or hard drive of their equipment to facilitate navigation. Visitors to the site acknowledge being informed of this practice and authorise the editor to use it.
The publisher shall not be liable for any direct or indirect damage resulting from or consequent to the dissemination by a third party of a virus via the site and liable to infect the computer system or the computer configuration of the users computer because of a connection, use, browsing or downloading carried out on this site.
General conditions of sale
- These general sales conditions (CGV) are agreed between Estrelacoop, Cooperativa dos Produtores de Queijo Serra da Estrela CRL., hereafter designated as “Estrelacoop” and the persons wishing to make purchases through the Estrelacoop website – www.estrelascopop.pt hereafter designated as “user”.
- These conditions apply only to natural persons who are not traders, understood as any natural person acting for purposes which are outside their trade, business, or profession.
- The parties agree that purchases made through this website shall be governed exclusively by this contract to the exclusion of any conditions previously available on the website.
1 – OBJECT
The purpose of these general terms and conditions of sale is to provide and define all the information required by the user regarding the methods of ordering, sale, payment, and delivery of purchases made on the website.
These conditions regulate all the steps required to place an order.
These general conditions shall not apply if it is verified, by the type of order, that the user is not a final consumer as defined in paragraph c) of Article 3 of Decree-Law No. 24/2014 of 14 February.
2 – ORDER
- The user can order products on the website by selecting them and adding them to the shopping cart.
- To place an order, you must complete the information requested and choose the options that are made available to you throughout the process (delivery method, address, e-mail, payment method, as well as the VAT number and name that, for tax purposes, you wish to appear on the invoice).
- By placing your order, you fully and completely accept the prices and description of the products available for sale as well as the general sales conditions that will be the only ones applicable to the contract thus concluded.
- By placing the order, the user agrees to receive the invoice by electronic means, under the terms of art.12, no. 1 of Decree-Law no. 28/2019, of 15 February.
- Estrelacoop will honour orders received online only up to the limit of available stocks, in the absence of product availability Estrelacoop undertakes to inform the user as soon as possible.
- The data on the invoice is the sole responsibility of the user.
- The validity of orders depends on the payment method. If at the end of the validity, the payment has not been confirmed, the order will be cancelled.
3 – DELIVERY
- Estrelacoop offers two delivery methods, which the user can choose when placing an order.
- Shipping costs vary according to the delivery method selected by the user and may, at any time and without notice, be changed by Estrelacoop. To find out the shipping costs of an order, you must add the products you want to buy to your shopping basket and choose the delivery method.
- No deliveries are made to PO Boxes.
- In each product is presented the foreseeable deadlines, in working days, for its expedition. These times are merely indicative.
- Estrelacoop will always strive to meet the estimated deadlines for delivery but, foreseeing difficulty in meeting delivery deadlines, will inform the user, giving the user the option to terminate the contract. By not activating this right, we assume that the user maintains interest in the order and that consents to delivery beyond this period.
- To track an order in progress, the user can check the status of the order by following the tracking code sent by the carrier.
4 – PAYMENT AND ORDER VALIDATION
- In accordance with article 4(1)(j) of Decree-Law No. 24/2014 of 14 February, as amended by Law No. 47/2014 of 28 July and Decree-Law No. 78/2018 of 15 October, Estrelacoop offers the user the following payment methods:
The generated ATM machine reference remains active for 72 hours and is deactivated after this period.
The payment through MBWAY remains active for up to 5 minutes, being deactivated after that period.
- Payment by transfer
The transfer will be made to the data sent after the order.
- Estrelacoop will employ all its efforts to guarantee maximum confidentiality and security in the data transmitted over the internet.
- For your order to be accepted and validated, payment must be made within the terms and deadlines set out in paragraph 1 herein.
- After confirmation of receipt of payment, and within a maximum period of twenty-four hours, an email will be sent to confirm the validation of the order. The email will be sent to the email address indicated by the user.
5 – PRICES
- Prices are to be understood in Euros, taxes included, considering the VAT in force on the date of payment of the order.
- If there is a change in the price lists of products on sale on this website, such situation will require an update of the advertised prices. If it occurs, this situation will not affect orders already registered.
- The prices shown always correspond to the most up-to-date prices in force, however, they shall only be considered valid while they are visible on the website in a refreshed page (cache or non-refreshed pages may show prices that are no longer in force). The price displayed is only guaranteed under these conditions and only after the order has been duly registered and paid for in accordance with the payment conditions set out in this GTCB (no. 6 of Article 2 and no. 1 of this article).
6 – DISCOUNTS
- On the Estrelacoop website there are several promotional price proposals, in the form of percentage discounts on the retail price, which can be seen on various products.
- All promotions have a fixed validity period, which can be consulted on the website.
- Promotional discounts represent a commitment during the period advertised, but always on condition that the order is completed by the user, through checkout and the respective payment, by the end of that period.
- Storing a product in the “shopping basket” does not guarantee its price or discount.
7 – GUARANTEES
- In case of a manufacturing defect, the user has the rights foreseen in the Decree-Law 67/2003, of 08 April, altered by the Decree-Law nº84/2008, of 21 May, and all the products contained in this site are subject to a legal guarantee of two years, and in the case of food products, until the preferred date of consumption.
- Should any clarification be required in relation to product guarantees, service and after-sales assistance, the following means are available to the user:
Telephone: +351 271 471 321
Address: Quinta dos Cedros, apartado 21, 6320-220 Celorico da Beira
8 – RIGHT OF FREE RESOLUTION
- Under the terms of Decree-Law No. 24/2014, of 14 February, the Customer has 14 days after receiving the products to proceed to terminate the contract and return them. The 14-day period will be suspended during the State of Emergency.
- To make a return, the user can do so directly through the CTT-Expresso carrier with the return label that is sent with the ordered product.
- The product must be in perfect condition and returned in its original packaging with no signs of use.
- If the right of free withdrawal is exercised within the period, only the price of the Product(s) purchased, and shipping costs will be reimbursed. The cost of returning the product(s) is the responsibility of the user if the product(s) is returned in a different and more expensive delivery method than the commonly accepted and less expensive method proposed by Estrelacoop.
- Exercising the right of free termination, this must be done with the delivery of the attachment contained in part B, of Decree-Law no. 24/2014. of 14 February, amended by Law no. 47/2014, of 28 July and by Decree-Law no. 78/2018, of 15 October, in accordance with paragraph l.
- The refund will be made by the same means of payment used by the user in the initial transaction, unless expressly agreed otherwise and without additional costs because of such refund.
- Estrelacoop may withhold reimbursement if the products have not been received or the user has not provided proof that they have been returned.
- In case of return, the refund will be made by bank transfer to the account indicated by the user.
- Exclusion of the right of free termination: There is no right to free termination of the contract in the following situations:
- Supply of products which, by their nature, cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
9 – EXCHANGE
- If the value resulting from the exchange of products of an order is higher than its initial value, the user will have to pay the difference.
- If an exchange is made for a product of the same value, the user will have no additional costs.
- Exchanges for products of a lower value are not permitted.
- Items sent free of charge, as a complement, gift, or bonus, will not be refunded.
- For products acquired by the user within the scope of these GTCB, being considered consumer goods, the rules established by DL 67/2003 of 8th April (Guarantee scheme for consumer goods) shall apply, with the necessary adaptations.
10 – COMPLAINTS
The user can present their complaints to Estrelacoop by post to the address Rua Quinta dos Cedros, Apartado 21, 6320-220 Celorico da Beira, Portugal, by email to the address firstname.lastname@example.org, as well as through the Electronic Complaints Book, by accessing the address: https://www.livroreclamacoes.pt/.
11 – RESPONSIBILITY
Estrelacoop is not responsible for any inconvenience or damage caused to the user using the Internet network, such as: service disruption, external intrusion, anomalies caused by computer viruses or any other case of force majeure.
12 – PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
13 – PROOF
The Parties agree that computerised records, stored in Estrelacoop computer systems under reasonable security conditions, are evidence of communications, orders and payments made between the Parties.
14 – CONSERVATION AND ARCHIVING OF TRANSACTIONS
The archiving of orders and invoices will be carried out on a reliable and durable medium to correspond to a true and durable copy.
15 – APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
1 – The law applicable to any contractual relationship established through Estrelacoop website is Portuguese law.
2 – To settle all disputes arising from any contract concluded under the terms of these general conditions of sale, Portuguese law will be applied, being exclusively competent for the resolution of disputes its courts. General Conditions of Sale updated on 29-07-2014
Consult also here the Commercial Conditions in Alternative Dispute Resolution.